Thursday, February 23, 2012

NerdLacquer It's Just a Flesh Wound Over a-England Lancelot

Oddly, when I chose this combo the only thing I thought was how I needed a black to put Just a Flesh Wound over and Lancelot was the closest I had (technically it's a blackened red but it's soooo dark. I actually really love Lancelot and wish I'd taken a pic of it alone because it's not as stark as a lot of blacks and as always with a-England, the formula is perfection) but the first time I typed it together a little song popped into my head

His name is Lancelot
He likes tight pants a lot
He likes to dance-a-lot

How could I not make the Spamalot connection? *headdesk* I mean obviously I knew the Monty Python ref

"Tis but a scratch"
"A scratch? Your arm's off!"
"No it's not."
"Well what's that then?"
"I've had worse."

And on and on til the namesake line. I love that movie so freaking much. First time I saw it was right before Christmas my freshmen year of high school. My World History teacher showed it every year to his freshmen and oh it was a wonderful Monty Python introduction. I've seen it and loads of others soooo many times.


I think It's Just a Flesh Wound is such a perfect NP representation of that scene.



"What are you going to do, bleed on me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment