Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fixation Poppy + Fixation Blood of the Dragon

Today I have two amazing polishes from Fixation Polish which make me really regret not ordering all 4 polishes she had in her last opening. Trust me, Day Dream and Lime Crush and anything else Kristin has will be mine next opening! I happened to be wearing Butter London Trout Pout the day these two arrived and I was in awe at how well the base for Poppy matched Trout Pout. Trout Pout itself is a dream, I'm so happy all these corals are so in, I just love them (although my camera doesn't so I apologize for the colour. It's been a bit since I wore these so I can't remember which is most accurate)
Well once I ripped open my package and was holding them in my hand I knew Poppy was going on immediately. It's a shame I have no self control since I was just about to fold laundry and make dinner then too. Had to wait, Poppy was just too demanding. Still, she was worth it no?
Now as much as I adore Poppy, Blood of the Dragon truly owns my heart. I mean first there's the name and the fact that it's Game of Thrones inspired, but then there's just how gorgeous it is. I can't even get over how much I love the colour combos there. Now I wore this over a strange combo and it was totally unintentional but I'm kinda in love with how it came out. Intuitively it seems Blood of the Dragon belongs over a nice green, something to match the base right? Yeeeeeah I put it over MAC Bad Fairy over Dollish Polish Goonies Never Day Die. I kinda wish I had pics of the undies but the whole reason I put on BotD was because I was so bored with my mani. I mean GNDD is a nice gold and of course I love Bad Fairy but it needed jazzing up and oh did BotD deliver.
It's weird right? But there's so much depth. The Bad Fairy coat was really thin so the green really comes through over the parts where the gold was peaking through and I just really love the way everything comes together. And yes that's both hands, my poor middle finger is being slow to grow out again. Come on dear, match all the others! Promise I won't get drunk and destroy you again(...maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment